Tuesday, November 30, 2010

WEDNESDAY: My LATEST DECOR Project. THE COUNTRY FRENCH CHINA HUTCH

THE COUNTRY FRENCH CHINA HUTCH
I wanted to share with you my most recent project. I absolutely love French Country Decor , so when my mother decided to go with this motif in her Atlantan home, I couldn't resist. It's been a long process to do the whole house but it was fun. Here is a little sample of my work. Check it out.  Post your thoughts!! 

I decided to go with the traditionally southern "RED ROOM" for her main dining room.
So naturally i would do a BLACK china cabinet to add contrast.

Here is the FINISHED PIECE 



The BELOW picture  is what the hutch looked like before. I actually found this great piece of history listed on Craigslist.The owner graciously sold it me for a low price, even though it was a 94 year old heirloom antique. I was surprised to find out that this piece came from the governors mansion of Missouri dating all the way back to 1916. AMAZING Right???  When i saw the hutch  I FELL IN LOVE!.....I had big plans for this thing. This would be the main item to complete my mothers RED DINING ROOM. 


THE CABINET BEFORE

I wanted to give the hutch a different look by changing its color and by distressing it a little. So I went to my favorite HANDYMAN store........LOWES and got a few things to help me. 


Ruff Sandpaper, Steel wool,  A good paintbrush, MY selected color (Semi-gloss BLACK), and white flat spray paint.


First I sanded away the original finish and ruffed up the wood so that the new color would adhere
JUST A QUICK NOTE***** This will only work of furniture that is REAL WOOD
You cannot sand Veneered Wood or PRESS BOARD.......it WILL NOT work and will look like JUNK when you paint it.


Make sure you sand every inch.



 A little FLAT WHITE SPRAY PAINT to add an extra color
 that will show under the final coat of black paint. It also creates and extra texture on the wood.



ADD A COAT OF PAINT. LIGHTLY BRUSHED ON......


In this project it didnt matter if the paint was perfectly on.


Once the paint was on and distressed. I added a TOUCH of GOLD to the FACING 


FINISHED PRODUCT


DOESNT IT LOOK GORGEOUS!



I do hope you enjoyed my latest project.

DOES YOUR HOME NEED A FACELIFT?
If you would like to book a home consultation with Richard Tomas, you can contact 850.445.7818
or via email ricky9281@aol.com


SOME BOOKS OF INTEREST. CHECK THEM OUT!!!

       








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
FREE Shipping over $49 on ALL Orders!banner banner