Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wednesday: Edibles - A Yummy way to START YOUR Morning!!


A YUMMY WAY TO START EVERY MORNING
Health Week is baaaack!
I figured after all the junk food most of you consumed yesterday.......come on BE HONEST, you’d be ready to dive into a pool of spinach and broccoli. But A berry smoothie might be a better way to ease back into your healthy diet, assuming you have one in the first place......LOL
I apologize if you’re still in the middle of winter, but it’s freaking hot here. I’m not complaining, but the Chicagoite in me wants it to be cold, with the chance of snow. JUST KIDDING!!. The fact that it’s 65 degrees and I need to drink something without alcohol + Trader Joes is stocked with the huge containers of blueberries, this berry-licious smoothie had my name (& possibly yours) all over it. I’ll drink this as a pre or post workout snack or sometime I’ll have it to hold me over before breakfast. It’s refreshing and soooo good!
Don’t go anywhere, I’ll be sharing healthy recipes all week long!
Berry Smoothie Recipe
Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups of frozen mixed berries – blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries
  • 6 oz. coconut water or fresh orange juice 
  • 4 oz of greek yogurt (or rice yogurt for dairy free)
  • 1/2 Tbsp honey (if fruit is ripe there is no need for sweetner)
Directions
In a blender or a Vitamix Machine (which I have Now YAYYYYY!!!), add berries, coconut water and yogurt, blend until smooth and creamy. Add honey, blend again. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Serves 1

GET OUT NOW AND GO JOGGING!......Like I'm ABOUT TO DO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
FREE Shipping over $49 on ALL Orders!banner banner