Saturday, March 12, 2011

Saturday Image Tips- Beautiful Complexion that doesnt require chemicals!

  • Lately, I've been trying to use no chemicals on my skin; after all, I'm beginning to age and want my skin to look the same as when i was young. So I decided to do some research on natural skin care, and lo and behold, I discovered so many ways to treat skin for dryness, acne, etc. without using harsh chemicals or spending a lot of money. In fact, everything can be found right in your kitchen! 






    First off, olive oil is the most incredible beauty product a person can use. When applied directly to skin, it is extremely moisturizing and non-comedogenic, so it doesn't block your pores. (However some people say that it does) It's perfect for dry elbows and knees too. You can soak your nails in it for a few minutes to soften cuticles. You can rinse your hair, apply it all over your hair, and let it sit for 30 minutes for luxuriously soft, smooth hair. Sometimes I even put a little on my lips before I go to bed, and when I wake up in the morning, my lips are smooth and soft and supple. Olive oil can pretty much moisturize anything, as far as I'm concerned (that is, of course, if you can handle smelling like olives)!  I use Jojoba oil and EMU oil (you can google them) currently on my skin to smooth the dry problem i have.



    Then there's honey. Honey is naturally anti-bacterial and has been found to cure acne. I like to warm it a little bit for better spreading, and then apply it to affected areas as well as my whole face. After 10-15 minutes, I rinse it off, and my skin is instantly soft. After a few days of doing this, acne disappears! Plus, it smells delicious!
     



    Finally, although I have yet to try this, I've heard fantastic things about using rice water as a skin toner. It evens out complexion while smoothing and soothing. You simply put uncooked organic rice in a bowl and add water until the bowl has about an inch of water above it. Stir until it becomes cloudy and then separate from the rice and - voila! - instant toner. 

    WELL TRY IT OUT!......You dont have to be afraid, make sure that you dont have an allergy to anything that you put on your skin. REMEMBER this rule of thumb - If you cant eat it. Dont put it on you skin......DUH!

    xxx
    Richard Tomas

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
FREE Shipping over $49 on ALL Orders!banner banner