Tuesday, June 28, 2011

TUESDAY DELECTABLES.....YUMMY DETOX SALAD

SUMMER DETOX SALAD


Hello summer time fun. Traveling, drinking, late night ice cream runs. The usual.
Oh and hello there bathing suit. Didn’t see you coming. Right.
It seems as though many of you are in that boat, no? I’m pretty sure I saw something on twitter or facebook about you wanting to detox after your splurging…
Well, here ya’ go!
I bought this cleanse book a while back, mainly for the recipes. The great part about the book is there are hundreds of healthy recipes, from the 3-day face-lift cleanse, to the “some like it raw” cleanse to the Mexican Fiesta. I like how the book (& recipes) are around body, mind and spirit – not, LOSE WEIGHT NOW! ......WELL FOR THOSE WHO NEED TO LOOSE IT........Ok, stop screaming and no thank you.
This salad was one of the first recipes I had tried. It had avocado. Obviously. It’s refreshing and light, perfect for eating while your laying out by the pool. If it’s not scorching hot, have this along with a cup of soup. Need extra protein? Add a handful of beans, piece of grilled fish or tofu. Lots of options!


Any detox recipe that involves avocado, done. I’m in.
You too? Wait until I share my new green drink. It’s good for being a true green drink, that’s all I can say.

Richards Summer Friendly Salad

Serves 1
Ingredients
  • ½ head romaine lettuce, chopped
  • ½ cup endive, thinly sliced
  • ½ cup arugula
  • ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • ½ avocado, sliced
  • 2 tablespoons of almonds, chopped – I soak my almonds overnight, easier to digest
Dressing
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil or flaxseed oil
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • ¼ tsp garlic, minced
  • pinch of sea salt
Directions
Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt.
Salad: In a large salad bowl, toss together romaine, endive, and arugula. Add tomatoes and sliced avocado. Sprinkle with chopped almonds. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss.
Transfer to bowl or plate or if you’re like me, eat out of the mixing bowl. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
FREE Shipping over $49 on ALL Orders!banner banner