Monday, January 30, 2012

MONDAY DELECTABLES: Spiced Pear Smoothie Recipe

A GREEN WAY TO START YOUR DAY!!
THE SPICED PEAR SMOOTHIE




When I find something I like, it’s balls to the walls, no turning back. and yes, I said it. I totally have an addictive personality......Loving healthy food keeps me loving my HEALTHY BODY!!
 Okay, I’m done.
This brings me to my new obsession...my favorite smoothie. For this month, at least. I have to credit the Guilty Kitchen for introducing me to her smoothie which then inspired this one below.




I’ll have this mid-morning or later afternoon. It’s been a daily ritual this past week.
I’d be going strong, but I’m heading out of town tomorrow. Already looking forward to it when I return, unless there’s a new one.
Let me just tell you, this is one delicious way to get in your daily greens.



Spiced Pear Smoothie
PRINT Recipe
Ingredients
  • 5-6 ice cubes
  • 1 cup almond milk, or milk of preference
  • 1 pear, peeled and diced – about 1 cup
  • 1/2 cup Kale, stems removed and cut or torn into pieces
  • 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • pinch of nutmeg
  • drop of vanilla extract
  • pinch of stevia for added sweetness – or honey or agave
Directions
Add ice cubes and milk to your blender and pulse a few times or choose option “crush ice”. Then add in the rest of your ingredients and blend until completely smooth.
Pour yourself a big tall glass and enjoy!
Tip: Peel and chop pear(s), put them in a ziplock or airtight container and freeze. This will help make your smoothies extra cold.
Serves 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
FREE Shipping over $49 on ALL Orders!banner banner