Friday, January 28, 2011

SATURDAY EDIBLES: MY CORN MUFFIN RECIPE!!.......



YUMMY CORN MUFFINS (with BACON & CHIVES)


Sometimes my kitchen resembles Dr. Frankenstein's laboratory. Ok most of you know that I love to cook  and how painful it has been for me, since I put myself on an ALL FRUIT AND VEGGIE DETOX DIET for the next week followed by a 3 day juice fast!......I needed to detox after all of the holiday festivities over December!!.......LOL..But i couldn't help myself. The past few days I've stitched food together (HEALTHY VEGAN FOOD) - chopped it, steamed it, sauteed it and then chunked it at the dog!!.....Unfortunately I CHEATED last night and made something....time-saving and DELICIOUS!...with minimal effort. As usual!!

I found a box of cornbread mix and the mad scientist / CHEF rose up in me. I'd used all the bacon for a pasta recipe i was making for my family on Thursday, but I found a package of *real* bacon bits in the fridge. I added a few chopped chives, a farm egg, and 2% milk.

Twenty minutes later, my experiment was ready. Nothing groundbreaking, but they were very good and at least I didn't catch the stove on fire........LOL.......don't laugh Ricardo......you know i can cook!!  The bacon pieces worked better than pan fried bacon (no grease and the texture held together); the chives added a hint of onion.

SO HERE IS My Recipe!!!

Corn Muffins with Bacon and Chives

1 box Old Glory cornbread mix (or Jiffy, Martha White, etc.) - Preferably sweet corn bread
1/2 bag Hormel Real Bacon pieces
4 T chopped chives (fresh--and finely chopped)
1 jumbo egg
2% milk
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin tins. Add milk and egg to mix. Spoon a layer, then add bacon and chives. Add another layer of cornbread batter. Gently stir each "cup."
Bake 20 minutes.




LOVE IT, ENJOY IT, DEVOUR IT!




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
FREE Shipping over $49 on ALL Orders!banner banner