Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thursday Delectables: My GUACAMOLE RECIPE- Breakout the CHIPS!!

HOLY GUACAMOLE.....BATMAN!!

GUACAMOLE!!!!.........
This makes me happy. very happy.
What also makes me happy is seeing the expression on family's and friends faces when they dip in.  Truth be told, it’s how I make friends.
During the summer, I’ll make a big batch of this and my husband and I will sit out on the patio, drinking corona, eating chips and guac, laughing, something crying and dreaming [aloud]. It’s the little things in life.
This also brings me back to spending weekends at the beach-house with my family, my dad would get really excited and make his special [guac] recipe. We’d stand around the kitchen or sit outside watching the sunset, dipping into the guacamole and my home-made pico-di-gallo until we were practically scrapping the sides just to get every last bite. Such sweet memories.
What are some of your favorite memories??
Enjoy your guacamole on or with. . .
  • Chips [of course]
  • Tacos or fajitas
  • With your morning eggs, scrambled, over easy or fried!
  • On top of toast
  • In wraps with freshly diced tomatoes
  • with a spoon. . .
How do you eat guacamole?


Holy Guacamole Recipe
[Inspired by Barefoot Contessa]
PRINT Recipe
Ingredients
  • 4 ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
  • 2 large limes, juiced
  • 6-8 dashes of Tabasco
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
  • 1/2 red onion, diced
  • 4-5 Campari Tomatoes, seeded and diced [regular tomatoes will also work]
  • Tortilla chips – gluten-free options available!
Directions
In a medium sized bowl, add [peeled and seeded] avocados, lime juice, Tabasco, minced garlic, salt + pepper. With a [potato] masher or the back of a fork, mash until you’ve reached the desired consistency – feel free to leave it more chunky or not so chunky. When you’re done mashing, fold in the diced onions and tomatoes.
If you can wait, I’d recommend placing the prepared guacamole in the fridge for about 45 minutes before serving. If you don’t mind it room temperature or you’re in a rush, you may eat immediately.
Enjoy!
*Gluten-free

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
FREE Shipping over $49 on ALL Orders!banner banner