Friday, September 16, 2011

Stylewatch: Michelle Williams covers Marilyn Monroe in VOGUE



MICHELLE WILLIAMS AS ICONIC MARILYN


OK. The hair, makeup, bosom-y dress and vacant stare are pretty good. And it seems she did some serious research for the roll in the upcoming film, My Week With Marilyn, out in early Nov.

"I'd go to bed every night with a stack of books next to me," Williams tells Vogue in the latest cover story. "And I'd fall asleep to movies of her. It was like when you were a kid and you'd put a book under a pillow hoping you'd get it by osmosis."




 Aww. She's adorably dorky! That kind of Marilyn Monroe crash course is definitely something Jen Lindley would have done. Brava.

While the look is pretty close, I already feel nervous about the acting. Marilyn is such a specific character, one I'm only vaguely familiar with thanks to reruns of E!'s The Anna Nicole Show (something I hope Michelle has looked into) -- that seems to include breathy speech and a constantly doe-eyed look. It's all a bit cringe worthy for a more serious actress. 

But maybe that's just what the Marilyn character needs. Michelle is no slouch when it comes to acting, so there's that. I'm just going to hope for the best and judge further when the movie comes out no Netflix.

---









Do you think Michelle Williams is the right choice for the iconic sex kitten Marilyn Monroe?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
FREE Shipping over $49 on ALL Orders!banner banner